Tuesday 28 April 2020

Week 7 of Pregnancy in Isolation

Four weeks since I last wrote a blog and going into week 7 of isolation. Boy oh boy have my emotions been up and down during those weeks. We may have been stuck at home, but lots has happened.. 

We had our 20 week scan and found out what we are having (If you haven't seen my video on Social media yet - we're flying the BLUE flag!). It was such an exciting time, but hindered by the fact I had to go alone due the current circumstances. We made it work. When I got home from the scan I had got my OH a cracker to pull to reveal to him what we were having and it was very exciting. But, I still couldn't help feeling a little down that this isn't the way we were suppose to be doing 'pregnancy'.

Babies kicks have ramped up massively, I can now see movements going on in there, especially when I'm relaxing in the bath. My OH has also felt and seen a kick, which is an incredible feeling, like he can finally get involved. Baby moves a lot when daddy puts his hand on my belly, like the baby knows he's there. Next important step for me is to capture a kick on camera to share with the Grandparents, I know they are sad to be missing out on not touching and talking to the bump.

It was also my 28th Birthday yesterday. Quite a big birthday for me - my last as a Pilgrim and last before I have a child - but one that didn't feel much like a birthday given we couldn't go out to celebrate, couldn't see friends, and I couldn't even have a few alcoholic beverages to celebrate! I have to see the positives in the small things otherwise this whole lockdown would send me into depression. So, one positive, we got a take away from our favorite local Italian. 

So as I said, and I'm sure you can imagine, emotions are up and down, but I'm finding it really important to try to see the small wins and stay positive for our little baby boy



1 comment:

  1. I am here to express my profound warm gratitude to the herbal medicine, which I got from Dr. Imoloa. I am now living a healthy life since the past 6 months. I am now a genital herpes virus free after the herbal medication I got from him. You can contact him for your medication Via his email- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com/ whatsapp +2347081986098/ website www.drimolaherbalmademedicine.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete